I have purchased and used all the services and products listed on this page. They work, and I find them helpful and good value. Click through from here and buy, and I get a commission.
A word for the good people who host this website:
Buy precious metals online at Goldmoney.com
I'm an affiliate member, so I get a small commission if you open an account with Goldmoney
All-you-can-watch online movies for \980 ($10)/month! (I'm not a Hulu affiliate)
Donate to Japan Disaster Relief via
Google's Japan Disaster Relief
Donate via Mercy Corps
Winds of Peace Japan
Education Affiliate Sites
- is a complete home-school curriculum.
It is built to be self-contained and to require as little supervision as possible. The lessons are delivered through video with some
additional texts. To access any course, you must first become a member, then you purchase any individual courses you wish. The first 5
lessons (videos) of most courses are free and available for viewing by non-members. I have not bought membership myself but have gone through
most of the free lessons, particularly for high school English, literature and history. NB: it naturally has a North-American focus.
Tom Woods is a key contributor to The Ron Paul Curriculum,
an author, historian (PhD), entrepreneur (he not only talks the free-market talk, he walks the walk, too)
and one of the most entertaining speakers on history and economics that I know of. (Check out his
free DAILY podcast. Yes! Daily! Does this man never sleep?!?)
As a public service (and a sneaky way to make even more money), he's slashing the membership prices of his
Liberty Classroom ($30 off the Basic and Basic Plus and $100 off the Super PlatinumGold Master Lifetime membership!Incredible!)
(PS I'm not a Liberty Classroom affiliate)
Comprehensive, well written, popular guide to learning Evernote.
Available in Basic, Plus and Premium
|Now in its 4th edition!
Click here to find out more about Brett Kelly's Evernote Essentials e-book
- How to organize your documents
- and find them when you need them?
- The Paperless Document Organization Guides are your comprehensive guide to organizing your electronic documents, written in plain English
- For both Windows and Mac users.
- combines video, graphics, audio and text
Personal blogs and websites
- Searching for Accurate Maps Productivity tips. Social commentary on Japan and the Japanese.
- Reading blog - A blog for a local group I have. We read English novels and discuss them (in English) over tea and coffee.
- Autonoblogger - ramblings about teaching EFL at a Japanese university. Now focusing on freewriting and I-Search.Not updated since 2010 but I plan to resurrect it.
"There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved."
Ludwig von Mises, Famed Austrian Economist (1881-1973), in his magnum opus, "Human Action".
Ludwig von Mises Institute