Our next meeting is Oct. 4th. For next time, we will read up to the end of Part One – The Gravedigger’s Handbook.
At our next meeting, nstead of reading through this part, I suggest that we each choose one or two sections or images or ideas to read aloud and discuss.
Below are some questions that might help you organize your thoughts.
- Summary. How would you briefly summarize the main points of this section? If you had to tell someone what this section is about in less than a minute, what would you say?
- Insights. What were the key insights you gleaned from this section?
- What were your main disagreements with the author (if any)? Reading is an active exercise, and disagreement is part of what stimulates our own growth and development.
- Holes. What did you feel was missing from the section? No book is perfect.
- Takeaways. What did you “get” from this section? Try to list two or three things you learned .
- Snippet. What are the sentences or images or events that you found most memorable?