Our next session will be next week. I plan to focus on the following episodes from “Wind, Sand and Stars”:
- Guillaumet lost in the Andes – chapter II, section II, page 30-40 (end of chapter II)
- Chapter IV (pages 48-62) – the cyclone
- Chapter V, section II, pages 68-74 (end of chapter V) – night in the Sahara
- Chapter VI, pages 76-82 (end of chapter VI) – the snakes under the table
- Chapter VII, section I (pages 85-90) – the gazelle in the Sahara
- Chapter VII, section V pages 106-119 – Bark the slave
- Chapter IX, pages 174-189 – the Spanish Civil War
- Chapter IX, section VI pages 215-224.
- Chapter X – conclusion.
We won’t read ALL the above sections next Wednesday! But I would be interested to hear your comments. In particular, I hope you will tell me those sections, episodes, sentences or phrases which you particularly remember.
I look forward to seeing you Wednesday March 16th.