Makeup class is tomorrow, Saturday, January 10th at the usual time and in the usual classroom.
- Start writing your essay.
- (Email me your essay title if you were absent today.)
- Your essay should
- be between 800-1,500 words
- be in academic format (double-spaced),
- have at least 5 paragraphs (introduction, body and conclusion)
- have a bibliography – a list of all the books, articles, websites, movies, videos, etc. you read or watched in your research.
- A presentation about the Magic Rings by Ms. Nakaoka and Tatami.
- Why write an essay in English?
- To encourage you to ask the question why.
- An essay is not a report: it expresses your opinions (with reasons) or it tries to persuade the reader to accept a new idea or point of view.
- It forces you to clarify your thoughts and to learn how to express your thoughts clearly in English.
- Basic essay format