- Write 3 paragraphs comparing Michael Jackson’s “Smooth Criminal” and Fred Astaire’s “Girl Hunt Ballet” music videos. Use your own English. Don’t copy and paste.
- Paragraph 1 – introduce Michael Jackson.
- Paragraph 2 – introduce Fred Astaire
- Paragraph 3- compare the two music videos, focusing on the similar points.
- Start preparing your book and movie presentation. All presentations must be done by the next class, Nov. 30th. There is no class on Nov. 23rd, so Nov. 30th is the last chance. For presentation guidelines, see last week’s blog post here.
- Presentation on chapter 1 question
- Reading and writing summaries about the following items:
- Manifest Destiny (and in Japanese here)
- Wall Street (Also a 1987 movie, famous for the line “Greed is good” said by Gordon Gecko.
- the Appalachian Mountains
- The Oregon Trail across the Rocky Mountains
- The purchase of Manhattan: “Manhattan is historically documented to have been purchased by Dutch colonists from Native Americans in 1626 for 60 guilders, which equals roughly US$1050 in current terms.”
- The murder of John Lennon outside the Dakota Apartment House.
Express your opinion! Let me know what you think of today's class, the written materials, the activities, the teacher's lecture, etc. Have a question about English or about today's class? Click the words "Leave a comment" below, or send me an email. Thank you for visiting.