Choose a story from the ones we have read this semester, and write your first draft of a 5-paragraph essay about it. Print it out and bring to class next week.
- Body paragraph 1 – introduce the book
- date of publication
- main characters
- story summary (short, 3-4 sentences)
- Body paragraph 2 – the main themes or ideas of the story
- Body paragraph 3 – your personal reaction
- Bibliography (using APA style)
If you did not give me your homework (see here) on Friday Jan. 11th, please email it to me as soon as possible.
- Sample outline for a 5-paragraph essay
- Sample introduction and body paragraphs
(see above) .
- 1-to-1 conferencing about your writing.