For each of the stories listed below, write
- The title and some basic information to identify the book (original publication date, country, author, etc).
- A short summary of the story in 2~3 sentences; you may use Wikipedia or Goodreads or Amazon to help you but do not copy and paste – use your own words).
- Some background information, e.g.
- about the author (if famous)
- about the illustrator (if famous)
- anything interesting, unusual or important about the book – things that people should know about it
- Your personal response or evaluation of it.
Here is the list of books:
- Emily by Michael Bedard
- The Important Book by Margaret Wise Brown
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by Frank L. Baum
- Gotta Go! Gotta Go! by Sam Swope
- Miss Nelson is Missing by Harry Allard and James Marshall
- “The Giving Tree” by Shel Silverstein. We read the story together, then wrote a simple summary of the story, then read about the book on Wikipedia.
- How to make a bibliography using the APA style, with MSWord.
See the resource page for details and more resources.