For each of the stories listed below, write
- The title and some basic information to identify the book (original publication date, country, author, etc).
- A short summary of the story in 2~3 sentences; you may use Wikipedia or Goodreads or Amazon to help you but do not copy and paste – use your own words).
- Some background information, e.g.
- about the author (if famous)
- about the illustrator (if famous)
- anything interesting, unusual or important about the book – things that people should know about it
- Your personal response or evaluation of it.
Here is the list of books:
- Emily by Michael Bedard
- The Important Book by Margaret Wise Brown
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by Frank L. Baum
- Gotta Go! Gotta Go! by Sam Swope
- Miss Nelson is Missing by Harry Allard and James Marshall
- “The Giving Tree” by Shel Silverstein. We read the story together, then wrote a simple summary of the story, then read about the book on Wikipedia.
- How to make a bibliography using the APA style, with MSWord.
See the resource page for details and more resources.
Express your opinion! Let me know what you think of today's class, the written materials, the activities, the teacher's lecture, etc. Have a question about English or about today's class? Click the words "Leave a comment" below, or send me an email. Thank you for visiting.