- Finish ch. 1 MCQs
- Read chapter 2 of “The Magician’s Nephew”.
- write a short summary of chapters 1 & 2
- Choose another easy reading book from the list. Read it. Write a short report :
- Title (English)
- Title (Japanese – if it is a famous novel, you will find this easily with a bit of research)
- Author . Some books are original stories. But many books are famous novels re-written for English students (like you). In that case, write the name of the author of the original story, not the easy-reading version.
- When book published
- When does the story take place?
- Where does the story take place?
- Who are the main characters?
- What happens (give a short summary of the story)
- What did you learn about British from reading this book? (You may need to do a little bit of research).
- Your comments (short, please)
Today I will use some extracts from this book to introduce the importance of thinking logically when writing in English.