- Returned quizzes on chapters 2 & 3.
- Returned homework from session #3. Comments:
- Read the instructions. The instructions were to write three paragraphs to answer the question, “What is a fairy tale?”
- Lucy Barfield is not Lewis’ daughter or granddaughter.
- Comparison. Which is the more useful comparison:
- Compare human beings with monkeys;
- compare human beings with rice-cakes.
- #1 is more useful. Why? Because human beings are similar to monkeys. Therefore, a comparison is useful: it can lead to new knowledge, new insights and understanding. Human beings and rice-cakes are too different. A comparison between them is unlikely to reveal new knowledge or insights.
- Reading and writing. Comprehension questions to chapter 4 and chapter 5.
- Choose a book by C.S. Lewis in Japanese translation to read and write a report about by the end of this semester. Tell me the book you have chosen next Friday. If you are absent on Friday, please email me your chosen book title. You cannot change your choice after you have told me, unless I tell you to choose a different book.
- Research and write two paragraphs in English about the history of the fairy-tale.
- Write the information about the movie of “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe” using the MLA style (see your MLA textbook, page 9, #38).
- Read and make notes on chapter 6.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Sorts of Love (rebecca-rosenblum.blogspot.com)
Express your opinion! Let me know what you think of today's class, the written materials, the activities, the teacher's lecture, etc. Have a question about English or about today's class? Click the words "Leave a comment" below, or send me an email. Thank you for visiting.