Today, we discussed and wrote about chapter 3 of “The Magician’s Nephew“.
We also discussed our lists of possible topics for our research paper/presentation for this semester.
- In groups, tell each other about your freewriting comments about chapter 3 (last week’s homework)
- From memory (without looking at the book) list as many images, people, events, places, etc that you can remember from chapter 3
- From your list, choose 1 and write out the actual sentence(s) from the textbook that relate to that image.
- Freewriting #1: write about this image – what does it mean to you? Why do you remember it? Do you like it? Why? What memories does it evoke in you? (etc)
- Summarize your freewriting to your group members.
- Tell your group members your list of possible research topics.
- Re-write/copy your new list onto today’s paper.
- Freewriting #2: Start reading chapter 4 and free-write your feelings, thoughts, ideas, questions, complaints, memories, etc. as your read.
- Freewriting #3: about today’s class.
- Read chapter 4
- note down your thoughts, ideas, questions, complaints, memories, etc., as you read. These are just freewriting notes. They don’t have to be perfect.
- Bring that freewriting to class.