Today we will discuss chapters 1 and 2 of “The Magician’s Nephew”.
If you have not read these 2 chapters (at least in Japanese), you will find it difficult to participate in the class.
Read chapter 3 and do the following:
- write response (感想文) in English about today’s class on the class blog here (click “Leave a comment” and follow the instructions; use your dwc email address, and use your initials instead of your full name, for your privacy). Deadline Tuesday midnight.
- Freewriting – 10 minutes, on looseleaf paper (not on the blog): what did you like and what did you not like about chapter 3?
- Start making a list of possible topics for your research paper:
- Any questions you have or things you want to learn or understand about “The Magician’s Nephew”, the Narnia series, the author (C.S. Lewis), English fantasy children’s stories, fairy tales, books on Christianity for children, etc.
- Allow something to choose you, something that you want intensely to know
- Think about it over the next 2 weeks;
- Let your mind receive possible topics, especially at night as you fall asleep and in the morning as you wake up.
- Keep a notepad next to your bed to write down ideas.
- Don’t be satisfied with something you can do that seems proper for school. You are in charge here. This project must have benefit (a payoff) for you.
- Bring the list on paper to next week’s class.