Welcome to Sheffner’s Academic Skills I class. The topic is British history. I have uploaded today’s (Friday April 12th) presentation to the resources folder on Manaba. You can also download it here: AS1, 2019- course intro
Homework: send me an email.
- Introduce yourself briefly,
- tell me what class of mine you are in and why you are taking this class
- make a short comment about today’s class (April 12th).
- Use a current email address that you check regularly. I will use this to contact you from time to time during the semester.
I’m looking forward to this semester. See you next Friday, April 19th.
- What is academic writing?
- What is the origin of the word “academic”?
- Who started it?
- What are the characteristics of academic writing?
- Key points of today’s class:
- What? When? Where? Who? How? Why?
- Defininitions / define your terms
- What is Britain?
- Draw a map of Britain
- The Hometown game
Express your opinion! Let me know what you think of today's class, the written materials, the activities, the teacher's lecture, etc. Have a question about English or about today's class? Click the words "Leave a comment" below, or send me an email. Thank you for visiting.