Welcome to Sheffner’s 2013 Academic Skills (AS) I class blog. Thank you for visiting.
This blog will be updated weekly. Each week there will be a summary of the lesson and the homework details.
Click the images to see a bigger version.
Weeping cherry in Himuro Jinja, Nara city.
- Send me an email: a short comment about today’s class.
- Use the proper email format
- Leave a comment here on this blog by clicking the words “Leave a comment” at the bottom of this post （投稿）.
- The comment topic is: “Tell us something you know about British history”
- For your privacy, when leaving a comment, use your family name only or use a nickname.
- If you use a nickname, please tell me your nickname when you send me your email.
- To leave a comment, you must first type in your email address. Please use your school email address.
- Homework deadline for #1 and #2 above: Tuesday (April 15th) midnight (23:59).
In today’s class, we
- Received Sheffner’s contact information and blog address and the outline of this course.
- Did some freewriting
- Decided student groups/partners and the schedule of presentations.
- “Illustrated History of Britain” (IHB) (Click the link to buy it on Amazon Japan. There is also a Japanese translation to help you. Click here to see it on Amazon Japan.)
- A Guide to MLA Documentation
In this class this semester, we will
- read chapters 19-21
- learn something about British history
- learn about academic writing formats
- make 1 or 2 presentations
- write a final paper in English.