Which picture do you think is better for “the Wood between the Worlds”? Can you find a better one? If so, bring it to class.
- (by email) Send me a summary of chapters 3 and 4 by midnight (23:59), Wednesday October 11th.
- Answer these questions about the story. Bring your answers to class:
- What happened when Digory saw Polly?
- Where did Digory and Polly think they were?
- How does Digory compare the Wood to the tunnel that connects the houses?
- Before they set off to explore the other pools, what do Polly and Digory do to make sure they can find their way home again?
- Explain how the magic rings work.
- What does the Queen point out to the children as she leads them out through the palace?
- What is “the Deplorable Word”?
- The Queen tells the children how she became Queen of Charn. Her words are like those of Uncle Andrew. How are they similar?
- What does the Queen want the children to do and why?
Express your opinion! Let me know what you think of today's class, the written materials, the activities, the teacher's lecture, etc. Have a question about English or about today's class? Click the words "Leave a comment" below, or send me an email. Thank you for visiting.