Today in class:
- Study Guide p. 5 questions 10 & 11 (about curiosity): translate the questions and write your answers.
- Vocabulary – study guide pages 16-18. I won’t test you on the vocabulary, but I expect you to know these words.
- Study Guide page 19-20, questions 1-4: translate the questions and write your answers on looseleaf paper.
- We read most of chapter 3 in class today.
- Study Guide page 45-7, Summary Questions: translate all the questions (1-10).
- Study Guide page 20-22: answer questions 5 – 14 (but NOT question 10) on separate paper (not on the Study Guide).
Here are some photos of things that appear in “The Magician’s Nephew“.
A row of town houses in London. Digory and Polly may have lived in one of these. Can you imagine the tunnel under the roof, connecting all the houses in a row?
Perhaps Digory’s penknife looked like this. He used his penknife to cut a mark in the grass so that they could remember which pool to take to go home.
Flickr has 5,976 results for a search for “wood between the worlds”. This phrase has obviously captured the imagination of a lot of people around the world. Which one do you like? This one?
Or perhaps this one?
Express your opinion! Let me know what you think of today's class, the written materials, the activities, the teacher's lecture, etc. Have a question about English or about today's class? Click the words "Leave a comment" below, or send me an email. Thank you for visiting.