Today, we will watch a number of videos and do some free writing. (If you were absent today, please watch the videos and write your response.)
The purpose of today’s class is:
- to begin the search for your research topic;
- what questions do you have about language, communication, linguistics?
allow something about language, communication or linguistics to choose you that you want intensely to know.
- On your blog (if you don’t have a blog, read this for instructions) start your learning journal by writing your response to today’s class:
- In English.
- AND write your list of questions or possible research topics as an entry on your own blog, (or, if you can’t make your own blog then as a comment on this blog). Deadline: Tuesday, midnight.
- Write your list on paper and bring it to the next class.
- What is a learning journal? It’s like a diary 日記 but focused on your learning – in this case, learning about language, communication and linguistics. 学習日記
your own personal notes and reflections on the material you’re studying and on your experience of studying it; (Learning Journal Quick Start Guide)
- A learning journal is a collection of notes, observations, thoughts and other relevant materials built-up over a period of time and maybe a result of a period of study. (What is a learning journal? PDF)
Here are today’s videos. Which ones did you like? Leave a comment if you wish. Continue reading Studies in English, week 2: October 5th, 2012