Update: I encourage you to read the Japanese translation of The Magician’s Nephew:
Dear Writing Strategies students,
- October 1st was our first class. As most students had bought the textbook, we began reading the story. We read pages 1-4
- We watched the first part of a movie about the love story of C.S. Lewis and Joy Gresham. The movie is called “Shadowlands” in English and 「永遠（とわ）の愛に生きて Shadowlands」 in Japanese. You can read more about it in Japanese here.
- We watched up to where Joy Gresham and her son Douglas come to C.S. Lewis’ home in Oxford for Christmas.
- Use the Internet to help you find images that will help you understand the story that we are reading. For example, what is an Eton collar?
- Visit this blog and leave a comment (sign up for the feed if you want)
- Read chapter 1 (at least to page 10)
- Who and when was
I will give you study guides for this semester’s text. I’m looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.
If you want to receive updates to this blog by email, type in your email address in the box on the right —>
If you have any problems with this website, please email me, or tell me in class.
Related articles by Zemanta
- A sizzling new Sherlock Holmes for the 21st century (theglobeandmail.com)
Express your opinion! Let me know what you think of today's class, the written materials, the activities, the teacher's lecture, etc. Have a question about English or about today's class? Click the words "Leave a comment" below, or send me an email. Thank you for visiting.