- Writing. Summaries of chapters 8-11.
- Share the words and pictures that you researched for homework.
- Reading, writing. Questions for chapters 12-13.
- Finish writing the summaries for chapters 8-11.
- Answer the questions for chapters 14-15.
- Translate the passage below.
“It goes beyond the expression of things we have already felt. It arouses in us sensations we have never had before, never anticipated having, as though we had broken out of our normal mode of consciousness and “possessed joys not promised to our birth.” It gets under our skin, hits us at a level deeper than our thoughts or even our passions, troubles oldest certainties till all questions are reopened, and in general shocks us more fully awake that we are for most of our lives.” (from the Foreword to George MacDonald by C.S. Lewis)
- Read the Passion of Christ in the New Testament: The Passion begins at Matthew 26, Mark 14, Luke 22 and John 12 (see English Wikipedia here: and in Japanese here).
- What are the points of similarity between Christ’s Passion and Aslan’s?
- Any comments about today’s class? You can leave comments here, in English or Japanese, or send me an email.
Express your opinion! Let me know what you think of today's class, the written materials, the activities, the teacher's lecture, etc. Have a question about English or about today's class? Click the words "Leave a comment" below, or send me an email. Thank you for visiting.