In today’s session:
- Please do the homework, even if you are late: my job is
- to teach you, and
- to assess you – do you keep your promises? Do you keep deadlines?
- Report format (see below) for May 18th homework.
- Study Guides
- Translate first paragraph (pages 1-2)
- Study Guide, chapters 1-2, vocabulary questions 1-9 (pp. 9-12). Answer the questions for homework.
- check our answers to the homework questions
- quiz on these words: write the English that you hear AND the Japanese meaning.
- Finish reading chapters 1 and 2 and answer the Study Guide questions for chapters 1 and 2.
- For May 18th, write a brief account of a Japanese myth (200 words).
- Write it in Microsoft Word or a similar word-processing software.
- use the format below
- Use spell-check.
- Use word-count.
- Save the file as “Writing Strategies Japanese Myth Your Name”.
- Send it as an attachment to me by email by Wednesday midnight, May 18th.
- The email subject 件名 must be “Writing Strategies Japanese Myth Your Name”.
(Thanks to Mr. Lopate’s blog “Writing Tips & Hints” for the image of the college paper format)