Prepare your presentation for next week. This will be your last oral presentation this year.
Your learning diaries (blogs) are 20% of your final grade. Wake up, guys!
From the syllabus:
Attendance and participation. 20％ Learning diaries 20%.
Some tips for presenting:
- don’t read your paper (it’s boring!)
- if you make a handout, don’t read the handout (it’s boring! We can read, thank you!)
- put key information on the handout or Powerpoint slide.
- If you just read your presentation, repeat the key points 4 or 5 times.
- speak slowly, and clearly.
- give your sources, and check them first. It’s your responsibility to check your sources.
- make sure you know the difference between fact and opinion, and tell your listeners which is which.