Prepare your presentation.
- Presentation #1: on William Jones
- Free writing about the presentation’s content and delivery.
- introduction to phonemes
- Beowulf, the first few lines
- Videos of performances of these lines, plus the trailer for the 2007 Beowulf movie
- Why does English pronunciation change over the centuries? Why have some letters become silent, like “k” in “knee” or “b” in “climb”? When did they become silent? These are excellent research questions. Perhaps someone would like to research this for their final paper.
One thought on “Studies in English I, week 6: May 24th, 2013”
Today’s class is Ms Kamimura’s presentation. Story of Sir William Jones. My presentation day is July. I have a lot of time to examine it. I’ll do my best.