prepare your presentations.
- What kind of sounds are difficult for Japanese speakers to make?
- Bilabials, dentals, dental-labials, some alveolar sounds like ‘r’ and ‘l’.
- What kind of sounds are difficult for a ventriloquist to make?
- Bilabials, dental-labials.
- What are the characteristics of Cockney accent?
- Dropped ‘H’, glottal stop instead of double T, ‘th’ (voiced) becomes ‘d’ or ‘v’, ‘th’ (unvoiced) becomes ‘f’, vowels deepened and broadened.
Express your opinion! Let me know what you think of today's class, the written materials, the activities, the teacher's lecture, etc. Have a question about English or about today's class? Click the words "Leave a comment" below, or send me an email. Thank you for visiting.