- Prepare your presentation.
- Choose your essay topic by next class December 19th.
Next class: December 19th.
NB: the makeup class for cancelled week 6 will be on January 10th, not December 13th or 20th.
- Presentation on “Some English Accents”, by Ms. Chikaraishi, Kimura and Koshiyama.
- Presentation on “Linking, Elision and Assimilation”, by Ms Honjo, Konishi and Masuda.
- How to do an Irish accent httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2PHch4IPPQ
- Spanish speaker of English – miscommunication httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-oH-TELcLE
- How a Spanish speaker says the sounds “s”, “g/h” and “b/v”. And the other men in the scene speak with an Irish accent. httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TES2kgPF4Wk&list=PLAEB72D6A3F4E40CA&index=4
- Kenneth Williams talking about (and imitating) his Cockney father’s way of speaking (from 5:15 – 6:33 httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7_IWWAlMJg&t=5m15s
Express your opinion! Let me know what you think of today's class, the written materials, the activities, the teacher's lecture, etc. Have a question about English or about today's class? Click the words "Leave a comment" below, or send me an email. Thank you for visiting.