Have something to say? Let me know in the comments or send me a private email.
The latest presentation schedule can be viewed and downloaded here: SinEa_Schedule
- Read chapter 6 (first half) “Morphemes and Words”.
- Choose your final essay topic.
Presenters, prepare your presentations.
In today’s class:
- There was a presentation about the second half of chapter 5 “Analysing Sounds”.
- What do you notice about the differences and similarities in this table?
- [table id=1 /]
- “Talking drum”
- “Konokol”, a “language” used by Indian percussion players to learn and teach rhythm. Here’s a video of British guitarist John McLaughlin teaching Konokol httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK7hsvdjHwg#t=4m31s, and here’s video of John McLaughlin and his group “Shakti” playing “La Danse du Bonheur” which begins with a demonstration of konokol by the two percussionists. httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AzovMu-2LY and here’s a more recent (and shorter) version httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FID9lAuOxEg