Legend of Bacteria is the blog of a young Japanese man who has been in Australia for over a year, ever since graduating from university. I know him quite well, but I will respect his privacy and only refer to his handle name.
You can read his blog, in both Japanese and English, here: Legend of Bacteria
He has a dream. He is not in Australia just for sightseeing, nor for learning English. What is his dream? Visit his blog and find out.
From the BBC news website:
Torrential rains and strong winds have left at
least two people dead and forced thousands from their homes on
Australia’s east coast, officials say.
Large areas of New
South Wales and Queensland have been declared disaster zones. As many
as 20,000 people have been cut off by the floodwaters. The flooding is the most extensive in the two states for 30 years.
No classes today, Friday, May 22nd, due to concerns over swine flu.
All being well, classes will resume next Friday, May 29th.
Interactive Writing class students should bring the reading book “Diddakoi” to the May 29th class.
Keep well, and enjoy the break.
Today the Interactive Writing class created their blogs. You can see them listed in the sidebar.
If you were absent last Friday, please
- create a blog (I suggest using blogger, goo, Ameba, FC2,)
- make a note of your username and password (you will need this to write on your blog)
- make a note of your blog’s address (URL – “http://____”), and email it to me. DON’T FORGET TO WRITE YOUR NAME IN THE EMAIL.
- Login to your blog, and write/copy your movie + book report (the first one you wrote for homework April 24).
- Visit your classmates’ blogs. Leave a comment on at least one of them. (Remember to respect your own and your classmates’ privacy).
Welcome to the class blog for Research in English, and Interactive Writing.
I will post my impressions and comments, suggestions and links each week. You can leave comments in Japanese or English. You can comment anonymously if you wish. You merely need to register using an email address.