Welcome to Sheffner’s Writing Strategies I (WS1) class, Friday 1st period.
There is no textbook for this class.
- Leave a comment on this blog about today’s class.
- Your name is public, but your email is private. Any email address that you regularly use is ok.
- Read the short story “The Pot with the Hole” (today’s handout, download a copy here:
- Small-group discussion and report and individual written answers:: What are “academic writing skills”?
- Mini-lecture on the history of academic writing
- Small-group discussion and report and individual written answers: How to improve your academic English writing?
- Lots of reading (I recommend easy reading – “easy” means anything in English that you can understand 90% of without a dictionary).
- You can download today’s handout here: WS1, 2018 – course intro
Express your opinion! Let me know what you think of today's class, the written materials, the activities, the teacher's lecture, etc. Have a question about English or about today's class? Click the words "Leave a comment" below, or send me an email. Thank you for visiting.