- Start writing your essay.
- (Email me your essay topic if you were absent today.)
- Your essay should
- be between 800-1,500 words
- be in academic format (double-spaced),
- have at least 5 paragraphs (introduction, body and conclusion)
- have a bibliography – a list of all the books, articles, websites, movies, videos, etc. you read or watched in your research.
- Presentation on chapter 29 “Black Americans” (pp 112-5).by Ms. Kishi, Mimura and Nakagawa Yumi.
- Presentation on chapter 22 “The Roaring Twenties” (pp 92-5) by Ms Nakagawa Mai, Ohashi and Shibata
- non-violent resistance (also called non-violent protest or non-violent non-cooperation). From the English wikipedia page: “The modern form of non-violent resistance was popularised and proven to be effective by the Indian leader Mohandas Gandhi in his efforts to gain independence from the British.” (Read about it in Japanese here).
- Life, liberty and property (later changed in the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. constitution to “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness”).
- the free market ((in Japanese here) also known as “laissez-faire” (in Japanese here).
- small government