- Choose a US history topic for your presentation.
- Handout: Check the meaning of the quotes by Hamilton and Brutus about the BIll of Rights, and write your opinion. Download the handout here: Why the Bill of Rights
- Ms. Irie S., Ms. Ishida, Ms. Aoeda and Ms. Izumi, please prepare your presentation sfor next week.
- Presentation topics:
- This semester, you can freely choose any topic of U.S. history that you like.
- I suggest you choose a person or a group of people as the main point of your presentation.
- In addition, you may choose any topic in the textbook, any U.S.A. history-related book that you have read, or any movie from the movie list that you have seen.
- Here is the presentation schedule:AS2_Presentation_Schedule (updated Nov. 13th)
- Read an easy reading book about US history. Note the title, author, level, period of history.
- Keep your list on one sheet of paper.
- Find one of the movies on the movie list. Watch the movie.
- Presentations by:
- Egami – Slavery
- Honjo – the movie “Glory”
- Irie M. – Thanksgiving
- The Bill of Rights.
- Rights 7-10.
- Federalism – a small central government and a federation of states: the united states (not United States).
Express your opinion! Let me know what you think of today's class, the written materials, the activities, the teacher's lecture, etc. Have a question about English or about today's class? Click the words "Leave a comment" below, or send me an email. Thank you for visiting.