- Prepare your presentation for Nov. 24th.
- Presentations can be made with a poster or with PowerPoint.
- Each student should present, even if you are doing a group presentation.
- Each student’s presentation should be 3-5 minutes long.
- The topic MUST be some topic of USA history.
- I understand some students would like to research about present-day America – you will have a chance to do that, but not for this presentation.
- Read chapter 5 of ITHOTR.
- Request: to help me make suitable reading for you, I ask you to underline or mark on your copy of chapter 5 words and expressions that you need to use a dictionary for, and then show me your copy of the chapter next time. Thanks in advance.
- Mini-lecture about the first Americans, the first Europeans and why so many Americans feel strongly about the right to have guns.
- I mentioned the movie “The Seven Samurai”. This is a Japanese class. If you have not seen it, you’re missing something!
- Here is a commercial for gun control. If you were the woman in this video, would you prefer to have a gun, or just wait for the police?
Express your opinion! Let me know what you think of today's class, the written materials, the activities, the teacher's lecture, etc. Have a question about English or about today's class? Click the words "Leave a comment" below, or send me an email. Thank you for visiting.