Updated:May 11th. Added links for the key points.
Read pages 136-7 in the textbook.
- Presentation about pages 134-6.
- mini-lecture. Key points:
- Corn Laws (in Japanese 穀物法)
- protectionism (in Japanese 保護貿易)
- (economic) interventionism (there is, interestingly, no Japanese Wikipedia page for this idea. Perhaps one of you can create it?)
- laissez-faire capitalism (in Japanese レッセフェール)
- Manchesterism (in Japanese マンチェスター学派）
- Richard Cobden (there is no Japanese Wikipedia page for Cobden! Perhaps one of you can create it?)
- Lord Grey(in Japanese エドワード・グレイ)
6 thoughts on “As1, wk4, May 9th 2014”
hallo! I peformed prezentation. When I read book, I cant understand perfectly because I don’t know all about the history of british. So, I researched web, books and so on. I did my best. thank you.
My classmates’ presentation was easy to understand and I learned lots about British.
I knew that there were two parties of the Whigs and the Tories in Britain, and each of roles.
Also, I was able to remember occurrences in those Japan.
I felt that mini-lecture by teacher was difficult.
So I think that I try to search little about the key points.
Thanks for the comments, guys. Feel free to make suggestions or ask questions. You can also change the name you use for comments, but don’t change the email address or you wil have to register again.
I understood about corn law in yesterday’s class.
And my classmate’s presentation was good, so I understood very well.
The time that my presentation is approaching.
So I’ll do my best☆
Hello. Mr. Sheffner.
I understood about the details of Corn Laws and an economic system.
And more, I learned the key person who is Richard Cobden, he proposed to abolish Corn Law.
I would like to know the rate of country which adopt a policy, laissez-faire, capitalism and intervention etc.
I learned a lot of things about Britain because the classmates had nice presentation everyweek. Their summary or explanation were easy to understand.
My presentaion will be done 2 weeks later. I will do my best!