Updated:May 11th. Added links for the key points.
Read pages 136-7 in the textbook.
- Presentation about pages 134-6.
- mini-lecture. Key points:
- Corn Laws (in Japanese 穀物法)
- protectionism (in Japanese 保護貿易)
- (economic) interventionism (there is, interestingly, no Japanese Wikipedia page for this idea. Perhaps one of you can create it?)
- laissez-faire capitalism (in Japanese レッセフェール)
- Manchesterism (in Japanese マンチェスター学派）
- Richard Cobden (there is no Japanese Wikipedia page for Cobden! Perhaps one of you can create it?)
- Lord Grey(in Japanese エドワード・グレイ)
Express your opinion! Let me know what you think of today's class, the written materials, the activities, the teacher's lecture, etc. Have a question about English or about today's class? Click the words "Leave a comment" below, or send me an email. Thank you for visiting.