Choose the topic for your final essay and start writing.
- Final essay should be 800-1000 words (excluding the bibliography).
- The topic can be any topic connected with British history in the 19th century.
- Choose something you are interested.
- Choose something you want to find out about.
- Your essay title should be a question, e.g. “Why did Britain become so rich in the 19th century?”, “Why did prices fall and wages double in the 19th century?” , “Why was compulsory education introduced in Britain?” etc.
Rules for writing:
- Don’t use contractions like “don’t, aren’t, isn’t, it’s, they’re” etc.
- Don’t write names in ALL CAPITALS. It’s like shouting.
- Don’t being a sentence with “And, So, But, Because”. Use “In addition,” “However,” “Therefore,”. Or combine with the previous sentence to make a single sentence (and keep the “and, so, but or because”).
- Give your opinion with evidence: facts, numbers, etc.
- Say where you got the information from.