Choose the topic for your final essay and start writing.
- Final essay should be 800-1000 words (excluding the bibliography).
- The topic can be any topic connected with British history in the 19th century.
- Choose something you are interested.
- Choose something you want to find out about.
- Your essay title should be a question, e.g. “Why did Britain become so rich in the 19th century?”, “Why did prices fall and wages double in the 19th century?” , “Why was compulsory education introduced in Britain?” etc.
- What is
- capitalism? A: An economic system with private ownership of the means of production. “Capitalism is an economic system in which trade, industry, and the means of production are controlled by private owners with the goal of making profits.” (Wikipedia)
- socialism? A: “Socialism is a social and economic system characterised by social ownership of the means of production and co-operative management of the economy.” (Wikipedia)
- Why and how did the bicycle give women more freedom?
- Why did prices fall and wages double?
- Why did women (and children) stop working in the mines?
- What kind of jobs did women do in the 19th century?
- What did women do before the bicyle was invented?
- Why is football called football in Britain but soccer everywhere else?