Watch the British history movie that you have chosen. Take notes. You will write a report about it (due June 14th).
- Anglo-Saxon (Old English) poem, “The Battle of Maldon”(see video on YouTube)
- What words can you recognize as modern English words?
- What letters are not used in modern English?
- How to cite a YouTube video in your “References” list. Here are the guidelines:
- Author, A. A. [Screen name]. (year, month day). Title of video [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.someaddress.com/full/url/
- Alfred the Great. Why was he called “Great”?
- How to cite a Wikipedia page using Microsoft Word’s citation function
- Excalibur (the movie) – how Arthur was born and why there’s a sword in the stone.
Express your opinion! Let me know what you think of today's class, the written materials, the activities, the teacher's lecture, etc. Have a question about English or about today's class? Click the words "Leave a comment" below, or send me an email. Thank you for visiting.