Read my comments to your movie report draft 2. They may help you when you make your presentation.
Questions (if you were absent today, you can email me your answers if you wish):
- What did you feel was interesting about doing the movie report (finding the movie, watching it, researching, writing, uploading, everything)?
- What did you not like about doing your movie report?
- What do you want to improve in this class?
- How can you improve #3 and enjoy this class more? Tell me what you can do, and something I (Mr. Sheffner) can do to help you improve and enjoy more.
Instructor (model) presentation on the movie “Bend it Like Beckham”, demonstrating how to use a popular movie for learning about British history: making a presentation starts with identifying questions you have. Some of my questions were:
- Who is Beckham in the title? What does the title mean?
- Why is an Indian family living in Britain? Where did they come from? How many other “British Indians” are there living in Britain? When did they start coming? Why?
- Why does the story take place in Hounslow? Where is Hounslow? Is it a new town or does it have a long history?
- What questions do you have about this movie?
- What questions do you have about the British history movie you watched?
Express your opinion! Let me know what you think of today's class, the written materials, the activities, the teacher's lecture, etc. Have a question about English or about today's class? Click the words "Leave a comment" below, or send me an email. Thank you for visiting.