- Read the textbook pp. 5-12.
- What are the key points? Write them in a comment on this blog. (For your privacy, I suggest you only use EITHER your FAMILY name or your GIVEN name, not both.)
- Watch this video. (You may find it easier to watch with no sound!)
- What? (e.g. what is academic writing?)
- When? (e.g. today’s date – keep a record of when you wrote your notes).
- Where? (e.g. where was Plato’s Akademia?
- Who? (e.g. who was Copernicus?)
- How? (e.g. how has British history influenced modern Japanese culture and society?)
- Why? (E.g. why study academic writing?)
- Presentation on academic writing (download the handout here: what is academic writing_short_v3
- fill in the blanks in the worksheet
- Discuss in small groups and write your answer based on the mini-presentation.
- What are the key points of the Adam and Eve story according to the Bible?
- Discuess in smaal groups and write your answer.
Express your opinion! Let me know what you think of today's class, the written materials, the activities, the teacher's lecture, etc. Have a question about English or about today's class? Click the words "Leave a comment" below, or send me an email. Thank you for visiting.