Welcome to Sheffner’s Academic Skills I class, Friday 1st period.
The textbook is Sellen, D. “The British Isles”. Black Cat, 2011. British Isles+cd New (Reading & Training)
- Read the Bible Book 1 (Genesis) chapters 1, 2 and 3 (in Japanese is ok).
- Leave a comment on this blog about today’s class.
- Your name is public, but your email is private. Any email address that you regularly use is ok.
- Small-group discussion and report and individual written answers: What are “academic skills”?
- Small-group discussion and report and individual written answers: What do you know about British history, and what do you think is important to know about British history?
- Small-group discussion and report and individual written answers: What British historical people, events or things (inventions, technology, books, etc) have affected modern Japanese society and culture?
- You can download today’s handout here: AS1, 2018 – course intro
Express your opinion! Let me know what you think of today's class, the written materials, the activities, the teacher's lecture, etc. Have a question about English or about today's class? Click the words "Leave a comment" below, or send me an email. Thank you for visiting.