- Prepare a 2-3 minute presentation on one of the British books you’ve read or British movies you’ve watched this semester. Your presentation must include:
- information for your classmates to find the book or movie themselves
- a brief description of the main points of the story (but don’t tell the ending)
- what we can learn about fantasy or fairy stories from watching/reading this.
- Read chapter 6 of TMN and answer the MCQs. (You can download them here: MN_MCQ_ch6.rtf
- Checked answers to chapter 5 MCQs.
- Three questions:
- What other story or stories do you know that include a magic word with great power? What is the word, and what is the story?
- Is there any dangerous knowledge that you think humans should not use, and should be kept secret? If so, what?
- What do we learn about Jadis’ character from her words, her actions and her appearance in chapters 4 and 5?
Here are some images of Empress Jadis. Which is best, do you think? Can you draw a good one?
Express your opinion! Let me know what you think of today's class, the written materials, the activities, the teacher's lecture, etc. Have a question about English or about today's class? Click the words "Leave a comment" below, or send me an email. Thank you for visiting.