Read chapter 3 and write a short summary of the key events.
- Free writing:
- Why am I in this class?
- Mini-lecture on how to write a book report (common mistakes)
- Chapter 2 MCQs and checking of answers.
TMN chapter 14 MCQs. Click here to download: mn_mcq_ch14
- The Wizard of Oz, chapter 35 “Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!”
- Japanese subtitles.
- Translate into English
- Original English
- Translate back into Japanese
- Who is he?
- What differences are there between the man and the Wizard of Oz?
- Why does he say this?
- What does this phrase mean today? How is it used, do you think?
- TMN, chapter 13 MCQs. Download the file here: mn_mcq_ch13
Very sorry about the sudden class cancellation. I will do a makeup class on Saturday May 16th 11-12:30, room S501 (the same room as the regular class is in).
- Read chapter 2 and
- take the quiz below (sign in with your university email address, please)
- Watch the videos and leave a comment. Don’t worry if you can’t understand everything.
- Read chapter 3.
- Continue with your easy reading.
- Visit the online class library on Zotero and add all the easy reading books you have read so far. (Read the instructions here.)
Watch the first minute of this video “The History of English in10 minutes”.