- Read Genesis chapters 2 and 3, and compare the story of temptation with the temptation story in chapter 13 of “The Magician’s Nephew”. What similarites and differences do you notice? What other things do you notice?
- Finish today’s class questions (see below)
- Some common writing errors.
- Most errors are errors of logic or rhetoric, not of grammar.
- Questions about chapter 13:
- What is written on the gates to the garden?
- What does it mean?
- Why does Digory enter the garden alone?
- When does Digory see the bird? What effect does this have on him?
- How does the Witch tempt Digory and what does she want?
- Why does she not succeed?
- Individual conferencing with students about their writing.
Express your opinion! Let me know what you think of today's class, the written materials, the activities, the teacher's lecture, etc. Have a question about English or about today's class? Click the words "Leave a comment" below, or send me an email. Thank you for visiting.