- Choose a topic of US history for your independent study
- If you wish, find classmates to study with.
- Begin your research.
- Read chapter 1 of “In the Heart of the Rockies” (ITHOTR). You can download it here: ITHOTR_MS_Simplified_ch2_v2
- Explanation of textbook: instead of a textbook, we will read and discuss together a simplified version of the story “In the Heart of the Rockies” by G.A. Henty
- Changes to the class:
- More time for one-to-one conferencing (for giving feedback to written work and presentations)
- Independent study (alone or in groups)
- Choice as to what you produce as a result of your research.
- Student announcements
Express your opinion! Let me know what you think of today's class, the written materials, the activities, the teacher's lecture, etc. Have a question about English or about today's class? Click the words "Leave a comment" below, or send me an email. Thank you for visiting.