- Read chapter 2 in the textbook.
- Write a summary of chapter 2, like you did in class for chapter 1 – use your own words and do not look at the textbook.
- (for May 12th) Choose a movie OR a book from the lists, watch/read it, and write a short report
- Title (English)
- Title (Japanese)
- Author / Director
- When released (or when book published)
- When does the story take place?
- Where does the story take place?
- Who are the main characters?
- What happens (give a short summary of the story)
- What did you learn about British history from watching this movie/reading this book? (You may need to do a little bit of research).
- Your comments (short, please)
Today I will use some extracts from this book to introduce the importance of thinking logically when writing in English.
- What movie or book did you read or watch for homework?
- p. 4, answer the question
- read (again) pp. 5-12
- p. 13 ① and ② answer the questions
- p. 14 ④ answer the questions.
- With books closed, write a paragraph about what you learned about Britain from reading chapter 1.
- We watched the beginning of “Bend It Like Beckham” and recorded the main details.
Express your opinion! Let me know what you think of today's class, the written materials, the activities, the teacher's lecture, etc. Have a question about English or about today's class? Click the words "Leave a comment" below, or send me an email. Thank you for visiting.