- Read chapter 2 in the textbook.
- Write a summary of chapter 2, like you did in class for chapter 1 – use your own words and do not look at the textbook.
- (for May 12th) Choose a movie OR a book from the lists, watch/read it, and write a short report
- Title (English)
- Title (Japanese)
- Author / Director
- When released (or when book published)
- When does the story take place?
- Where does the story take place?
- Who are the main characters?
- What happens (give a short summary of the story)
- What did you learn about British history from watching this movie/reading this book? (You may need to do a little bit of research).
- Your comments (short, please)
Today I will use some extracts from this book to introduce the importance of thinking logically when writing in English.
- What movie or book did you read or watch for homework?
- p. 4, answer the question
- read (again) pp. 5-12
- p. 13 ① and ② answer the questions
- p. 14 ④ answer the questions.
- With books closed, write a paragraph about what you learned about Britain from reading chapter 1.
- We watched the beginning of “Bend It Like Beckham” and recorded the main details.