- Read the textbook pages 33 – 6.
- Choose another book from the Easy Reading list, borrow it from the library and start reading. (Download the list here: AS1_Easy_reading_library_list
- Mini-lecture on finding the topic and main idea of paragraph.
- Finding the main ideas of the 3 paragraphs on page 22.
- “In the Middle Ages, both the church and the king had great power, and this sometimes led to problems.”
- “There was also a fight for power between the kings and the rich men of England, and in 1215 they made King John sign the Magna Carta, a document that limited the power of the king and created a strong parliament.”
- “throughout the Middle Ages there were important wars between England and France, and one war – the Hundred Years War – ended after 116 years with England losing all its lands in France except Calais.”
- Write a topic sentence for the paragraphs on pages 28 -32.
Express your opinion! Let me know what you think of today's class, the written materials, the activities, the teacher's lecture, etc. Have a question about English or about today's class? Click the words "Leave a comment" below, or send me an email. Thank you for visiting.