If you were absent on thie last class, please do the quiz and the essay and email them to me by Monday Feb. 20th. The essay must be done within 90 minutes.
TMN quiz (download here: TMN_final_quiz_001
Final essay. “There are two events in TMN which are similar to events in the Bible. Describe the two events. Why does Lewis include these two events in the story?”
Use academic format (double spaced, etc).
- List 5 stories that are similar in some way to “The Magician’s Nephew”, e.g. stories that have
- 2 children in a fantasy adventure
- visits to another world or worlds
- a strong, bad witch or bad woman (like Jadis)
- a strong, wise, kind character (like Aslan)
- Write 2 paragraphs in English comparing “The Magician’s Nephew” with one story from your list.
- Explain the similarities
- Explain the differences
- Compare the four worlds that Digory and Polly find themselves in.
- How are they similar?
- How are they different?
Makeup class will be Wednesday, Jan. 25th, 5th period (16:45 – 18:15)
Makeup class will be on Wednesday January 25th, 5th period.. Please check the noticeboard for the classroom.
- Free writing
- #1 – your winter vacation
- #2 book(s) and/or movie(s) you watched over the vacation. (If you didn’t read any books or watch any movies, explain why not!)
- Short essay questions about “The Magician’s Nephew”:
- Is Digory a better person at the end of The Magician’s Nephew than he was at the start? How has he changed for the better or for the worse?
- What can Asian do that Jadis cannot?
- Why does Uncle Andrew like Jadis?
Short essay questions for chapters 3, 4 and 5 (download the file here: Bookrags_MN_Short-essay_Qs_chaps3-5
Happy Holidays! Next class, January 6th.
Short essay questions for chapters 3, 4 and 5.
Write 2 paragraphs about the author of “The Magician’s Nephew”.
- List the sources you used in a simple bibliography.
- Type it in MSWord.
- Your name, WS2 and the date in the top left-hand corner.
Short answer questions for chapters 3 and 4.
Short essay questions for chapter 2, questions 1 and 2 ONLY.
- Short essay questions for chapter 1
Short answer questions for chapter 2 of TMN. Download the document here: bookrags_mn_short-answer-qs_ch1-2
- Discussed the easy-reading books that students had read for last week’s homework.
- Short-answer questions for chapter 1 of TMN. (Download the document here: bookrags_mn_short-answer-qs_ch1-2
- Watched the beginning of “Groundhog Day“.